Thursday, December 13, 2007

Watercolor Paintings

I was asked by a friend of mine from church if I would paint some lighthouses for her to give to her husband for Christmas. To be honest, I didn't really think I could do a good enough job that someone would actually want to hang them on their office wall. I was really afraid of being embarrassed so I thought about it and made her promise that if she didn't like them she would let me know and if I didn't like them - she wouldn't get them. I've only played with watercolors a little so I really wasn't feeling very confident as I picked up the paint brush and started painting. In the end though - I was pleased with the outcome.

Here they are - each painted at 11 x 14" size...

Chicago Harbor Lighthouse

Michigan City Lighthouse

South Haven Lighthouse

St. Augustine Lighthouse


No comments: