Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

Happy Mother's Day! This day is always a very special day to me, just as I'm sure it's very special to all mom's. This is a day that I especially reflect and thank God for the miracle of the son that He gave to me. A son who can melt my heart one minute and make my blood boil the next!

My first mother's day was spent without my son. In fact, as my friends and family know, I hadn't even seen him or laid hands on him yet, although he was already officially mine. The photo to the right was taken the first day I saw him, the first day I held him and the first day I felt what it felt like to be a "Mommy"! Although I missed my first Mother's Day with him, I had the pleasure of watching Tim spend his first Father's Day with him in his arms, just a few days later. That in itself was a pretty special day!

I woke up this morning and my handsome young son had fixed me a cup of coffee and brought it to me. He had his presents for me too, but the most special thing I got was the card he picked out and the time he put into writing in it for me. He hates to write and I know that it probably took him quite a while to not only write as much as he did, but the fact that he got artistic with his printing and he thought carefully about the words he used. This is just one of those special things only a mother could truly appreciate! It's definitely a "keeper!"

We went to church this morning and then went to Bono's BBQ with my mother and my sister and her husband. We chose Bono's because we knew it wouldn't be packed like most of the restaurants would be on Mother's Day. It wasn't fancy, but the food was good and we got to spend time together as a family without the crowds. That works for me!

After lunch we came home and just spent a lazy Sunday at home. I took advantage of every opportunity I could to declare it Mother's Day and get my husband or my son to do something for me. :) It was a good day.

I saw this cartoon and it reminded me of my husband.... I love you Tim, even though Balto makes picking up the dog crap next to impossible since he only does it in the bushes!

No comments: