Tuesday, May 20, 2008

JT's Cub Scout Advancement & My Birthday

Today JT advanced from a Webelo I to a Webelo II in Cub Scouts. It's hard to believe he only has one more year to go and he'll move up to Boy Scouts! My little boy is growing up!

They had their advancement ceremony in the outdoor Chapel in the woods behind the church because the fellowship hall was being used. The weather cooperated and it was fairly nice while we were out there. We celebrated with Pizza after the advancement ceremonies and a couple came out and brought a bunch of snakes, iguanas, a skunk and some other critters to show them. JT seemed to enjoy holding the tail end of this big snake.

Today was also my birthday and I had a really nice day. I had breakfast with my friend Traci, lunch with my friend Geri, several gifts from other friends, and I was sang to at least 15 times today. It made for a very special day for me!

Geri had me over for lunch and surprised me with this little cake complete with a cleverly crafted fake candle (since she didn't have any)! This other photo was from when KD and I celebrated our birthday's together at Sakuras Japanese Steak House with our husbands and Mom on Sunday night.
.

Thanks to everyone who made my birthday special!!

1 comment:

KD said...

Happy birtday to you ! Oh yeah, I was one of the 15 that already sang to you. I like the new look of the blog !