Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Birthday America!

It was a pretty quiet day around here this Fourth of July. We were invited to a friend's house from church for a cookout. Besides us, there were quite a few other couples from church & Emmaus, including KD & Bobby. JT had a couple of teenagers to play with in the pool, so he had a good time. It was nice spending time with people from church and getting to know them better.

When we got home Tim and I just wanted to relax and watch TV. JT really wanted to go to the fireworks downtown so at the last minute we decided to head out. We left the house 20 minutes before the show was supposed to start. I didn't think JT was going to be able to stay awake long enough to get there.

Fortunately, we were able to park at Fidelity where Tim works. By the time we got there, carried our chairs out on the lawn and sat down, it was 9:45 pm and the fireworks started. Less than 15 minutes later they were over and we packed up and left. Since I'm used to going way early to find a place to park and a place to sit, being there just 15 minutes felt like it just wasn't worth the trip. I should have just been thankful to have a place to park and not have to hang out too long. JT barely sat down in the truck and fell asleep immediately.

I was glad we went though. I have memories of fireworks from when I was a kid and I don't want JT not to get to experience them enough to have good memories.



1 comment:

KD said...

What a POIFECT tribute!